Monday, November 3, 2014

Far Cry 4 – A Day in Kyrat

I flew over the peaks and valleys of Kyrat as enemies shot up at me from the ground. I survived the dangers of Shanath Arena. I stuck C-4 on a truck and rolled it into a crowd of enemies before diving out and blasting the vehicle (and my targets) to pieces. I punched a freaking tiger in the face. I did all this and so, so much more in my brief hands-on time with Far Cry 4. The following seven highlights are just a taste of what I experienced, and a small slice of what you can expect when you jump into the game on November 18.

ARE YOU THERE AJAY? IT’S ME, PAGAN

I was in a small village learning about Ajay’s father when Pagan Min’s voice drifted into my ears. Now, I was sure any second he’d start spouting off some threat of bodily harm, but instead he started talking about… Kanye West? “Do you follow that guy on Twitter? It’s gold. I would love to shoot the breeze with that young man.” Color me surprised. Pagan Min wants to be besties with Kanye. That’s a selfie I’d like to see.

BIRD’S-EYE VIEW

There are few things cooler than soaring through the air high above the ground and getting a breathtaking view of Kyrat’s valleys as you break over the crest of a mountain top. I spent a good chunk of my hands-on time with Far Cry 4 simply seeing the world from a bird’s perspective and getting a feel for the massive and beautiful landscape beneath me. Then of course, I steered the Buzzard over an enemy outpost and rained hell from the sky, and that was pretty glorious too.

DEATH AROUND EVERY CORNER

That’s not even an exaggeration. It really does seem like everything in Kyrat wants you dead. As I was on a mission searching through some corpses, a pack of wolves surrounded me, forcing me into a fight for my life. Not too long after that, I entered into a shootout with some Royalists, and a massive eagle came out of nowhere and began clawing at my face. I won’t lie to you: I did jump a little – but you would too if you suddenly had a screen full of talons and beating wings. A little recon before you take on enemies wouldn’t go amiss either. If you spot a Hunter among them, it might be wise to take him out first. These new enemies are tougher than the average grunt and can charm animals into going after you, making them even more deadly.

GUNS FOR HIRE

It really does pay to do some good in the world. Gain Karma by completing Karma Events and spinning Mani Wheels in order to get reduced costs at Trading Posts. More importantly, increase your Karma level to get Guns for Hire tokens that you can use to call in Golden Path rebels to fight for you. Aiding the Golden Path rebellion as they work to unseat Pagan Min is a good way to up your Karma level. These “Karma Events” pop up quite a bit in Kyrat, so you’ll have plenty of chances to help out.

DON’T HOLD YOUR BREATH… OR MAYBE DO

The Himalayas are frigid and unforgiving. So unforgiving that you may find yourself having trouble performing the simple act of drawing breath. In certain areas high up on the mountain, you may need to get your hands on a gas mask to supply you with oxygen. Be careful, though, as your oxygen will deplete. Keep an eye out for canisters on the ground, and if you can’t spot any lying around, you can always just kill someone and steal their oxygen.

STOP AND SAY HELLO

Many of the NPCs you encounter in the world will offer you insight into the history of Kyrat as well as the current political situation. Some of them even provide details on Ajay’s family and who he is. You can just walk up and interact with people in towns and at captured outposts and they might have missions or just information that’ll help you fill in some of the blanks and gain a better understanding of the mess you’ve stepped into.

STEP INTO THE ARENA

What’s more terrifying than being dropped – naked and unarmed – into an arena full of armed opponents and angry animals? Not a whole heck of a lot, but that’s exactly what you get the first time you enter Shanath Arena, Noore’s pride and joy. Survive waves of enemies with only the weapons you collect inside the arena and Noore will allow you to leave with your life. It’s a pretty generous offer if you ask her. I’m not quite sure if Noore is seriously insane or just a pawn in Pagan Min’s game, but I’ll just have to wait until I get to know her better in November.

                                                      From - UBIblog

No comments:

Post a Comment